Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Shiseido Anessa Sunscreen Review


Protecting the skin from the sun is one of, if not THE most important part of skincare for a lot of people, especially those who live in all year round sunny hot climates and it is no exception for me.

My story begins with years of playing in the backyard pool and having my mother force me into a t-shirt and putting sunscreen on me each and every time I would go out to the pool. I loved summer and I still do. It is my favorite season of the year as the flowers blossom, fruits hang prettily and kids play happily. My years of playing in the sun made me realize one thing. I did not like the texture or smell of sunscreen. It made my skin feel sticky and gross, hence when I grew out of playing in the pool, I stopped putting on sunscreen.

This my friends, is the moment I made one of the mistakes I would regret later in life. I now reap the *benefits* of not putting on this miracle solution as I face premature skin problems and generally wrinklier skin. Hence I am saying to you now. Please, please please do yourself a favor now and slap on that sunscreen.

Read on to see more about my favorite sunscreen.


With that, I give you my at-the-moment sunscreen. The Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen SPF50+.PA+++. The brand Anessa is a sub-brand of Shiseido, in fact you will notice in a lot of high end Asian brands, there are many sub-brands or lines and Shiseido is not different from the pack.

Focusing on sunscreens, Anessa has a range of sunscreens suited to each persons different needs. That is some may play sport, some may dislike oily, and some just want regular coverage. For me today, I am introducing the Gold bottled Anessa sunscreen. Called the Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen SPF50+.PA+++.

Here is my observation of it:
  • watery liquid formula, needs to be shaken up to use
  • not sticky or gunky
  • does not have your typical *sunscreen* smell and doesn't leave a white film
  • applies smoothly and spreads easily, does not ball up
  • texture of skin afterwards is a smooth canvas
  • make up applies well after its application
  • does not make skin oily afterwards or even throughout the day
  • has UVA and UVB protection
  • is waterproof
  • need to only use a little bit for coverage of entire face.
As you can see, I haven't listed any negatives as I LOVE IT. I'm not sure where I got the recommendation to try this sunscreen as I was previously on a sunscreen hunt, researching brands and what works. So far, it has not disappointed me in its usage. Although it is a small bottle being only 60ml, you need only a very small amount to cover the entire face. Price-wise it is a middle to high range sunscreen but what it lacks in price competitiveness, it makes up in its positive points.

I have used several brands of sunscreen throughout the years and it is only with this one that I have been satisfied with. I think it may be my HG but like a true beauty addict I will always continue to try out new sunscreens to see if it can one up my current HG.

I hope this review helped you out if you were looking for a new sunscreen or just haven't found the right one yet. I definitely think this product will make you rethink applying sunscreen if you don't yet and if you already do but aren't able to purchase this anywhere, please keep applying the one you already have.

Remember, even if you live in a cloudy place, you still need to protect the skin from the rays that aren't as obvious. SPF15+ is good, if you can get SPF30. For me, I live in a sunny city down under so it is vital for me, SPF50+ makes me feel *safer*.

So tell me friends, what is the most important part of your daily skincare routine? Moisturizing? Sunscreen? Coverage? Leave me a comment below and let me know.

7 comments:

  1. Love this post! I used to work at a skincare store and cannot emphasize enough how important it is to put on sunscreen. Many people just don't like the texture and feel of it, myself being one of them. But only if they would just put on the sunscreen then they will not have to run around later on trying to find an "anti-aging"cream.

    Anyway, will def. try the shiseido sunscreen. It looks great. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Shiseido sunscreen in general. c:
    It's usually really light, and it doesn't feel oily at all! I haven't tried this sunscreen yet. Thanks for the review! c:

    ReplyDelete
  3. What if you live in a country where there's hardly any sun? ^_^ like Denmark?

    I have a Shiseido one (30spf and so white) and it's good, but I'm thinking that isn't it better to just focus on moisturisers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bloglove, I agree about the anti-ageing thing. But then beauty companies would sell a lot less products if they had to cut out their anti-ageing line, wouldn't they. Haha.

    Junjun, I agree Shiseido does do some good quality sunscreens, my mother has used her Shiseido sunscreen stick since her early 30s and her skin is so so so good for her age, she doesn't have sunspots and its pretty much stayed the same color since then

    Sally t. le I agree that moisturizers are just as important as sunscreen, this post is just slightly aimed at those who live in sunnier places. Haha, not discriminating on purpose ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great! I use sunscreen but the texture and smell aren't great so it's nice to know of one that is good in both those areas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, a reply from NQN!! Haha. I agree with you, just a mini update: I still love this, and I actually find it doesn't make me oily after a few hours as well.

      I love your work, can't wait for your book to come out :)

      Delete
  6. This does sound great. .Thanks for sharing.

    http://myminibag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete