Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Revlon Outlet Haul

Welcome to another beauty blog with random make up reviews and swatches. Luckily I have a mini haul to do today as I went to the Revlon factory outlet sale this morning. It was a small-ish sale with a good mix of products. Prices ranged from $2 to $7 with foundations and eyeshadow palettes being $7, lipglosses and lipsticks started from $2 and hair dye was available for $5. There was also perfumes but I didn't really look at those since I was mainly there for lip and eye makeup.

I spent total $26 as I didn't fancy much. I got 6 things: 1 nail polish, 1 eye shadow palette, 3 lipsticks and 1 mascara. Overall, the collection was quite small and colour range was limited, but what do you expect in a factory sale. The prices were reasonable but I suggest that you research what you want before you go there as it is very easy to pick up things you don't really want when you see the $2 sign. So here are the swatches and reviews, I hope to finalize my layout for reviews and have a standard soon so if this post is a bit messy I'm sorry, I will try to make it easy to read for you all.

Every photo here was taken under natural sunlight and if requested I will do one with flash.

Revlon Matte Suede Nail Polish in Emerald City 933


When I picked this up, I didn't realize it was a matte suede polish, I just saw the pretty green and glitter. I only realized it when I tested it out and it dried up. I can't say for sure, but matte nail polishes dry much quicker than gloss polishes as this dried in about 30 seconds to 1 minute. The color is gorgeous and the little flecks of green glitter are a perfect combo. To be honest, I was hoping this would be a gloss polish and think it would have looked better with gloss BUT the advantage to this is it dries quickly and its easy to put a quick drying top coat on it. The picture is with 1 coat and I tried the second coat but figured it doesn't need it as it basically looks the same but a little clumpier.

Rating: 6/10

Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eye Shadow Palette in Silver Fox 21


I got this palette because I've never tried Revlon eyeshadows, the outlet had single eyeshadows but none really caught my eye, and this one has some nice neutral colors in it with a bright teal-green so I decided to go for it. The eyeshadows are quite chalky but with good color payoff. I swatched them on the back of my hand without a primer and it colors quite well. However, the chalkiness of it really puts me off so I will have to test this with a primer to see if I really like it. The colors are true to the palette but I have not tried them on my eyes yet so I'm not sure if they will transfer well. Stay tuned for a more detailed review on this palette.

Rating so far: 5/10

Revlon Beyond Natural Protective Liptint Spf 15 in Nude Nu 040


I'm pretty sure this is a discontinued line but I picked it up because it was only $2 at the outlet, and again, it was only after I got home that I realized this liptint would expire at the end of this year. I'm not sure if lipsticks and tints can be used if they haven't been opened before even if it's past the expiry date, so I might check up on that later. As to the quality of the lipstick, it is a sheer tint, glides on really well and when put on the lips gives a my natural lips but better look. The smell is kind of like old style lipstick smell, not noticeably bad but some people might not like it. Overall I'm glad I bought this for only $2 as if I had bought it at full price I would have been disappointed.

Rating: 5/10

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Smoked Peach 013 (Matte)



I was excited to try this range of lipsticks because I've been trying to accumulate a larger range of lipsticks lately. I went to the outlet with a mind for red and peach lipsticks and found this one. The color of this is very pretty, a smoked peach look as it describes itself. The problem with this is that my lips are quite dark so when I tried it you could still see my natural lip color very clearly. If you have dark lips, I suggest using a lip concealer before applying this color.

Rating: 7/10

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pinkerbelle 453 (Pearl)



When I saw this lipstick on the tables, I immediately grabbed it and put it in my bag of goods, seeing StyleSuzi wear darker lip colors lately has really ignited my love for them. The color turned out to be a lot lighter than I expected when I put this on and its not as pigmented as I expected. However, this is my favorite of the purchases as the color turns out really nicely on my lips and it is just beautiful. This would go well with a natural make up look and give a pop of color on the lips. Love love love!

Rating: 9/10

Revlon DoubleTwist Mascara in Blackened Brown 03 (Waterproof)


Another reason you should always do research before you go to outlets. This mascara is horrid, I only saw the reviews on it after I opened it and was horrified. The wand is horrible, the tube is horrible, the only redeeming quality is the actual mascara formula. As you can see from the picture above, the mascara all comes out. The opening is so big I can almost put my finger in it. Absolute waste of money, do not even consider buying it for $1. Unless you have a supply of mascara wands to use, but in my opinion, it isn't even worth that. Paid $3 for this.

Rating: 1/10

So that was the last of my haul, I was more to the side of impressed with the products and I think it's was worth heading there. I certainly hope more companies hold sales like this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment